No 77 Squadron Association - Videos
American Spitfire Pilot WW2
WWII Spitfire Pilot
This is probably one of the best WWII film clips out there. Stored for 61 years in two suitcases of 16mm home movies that were inherited by filmaker Willliam Lorton from his great uncle who served as a Flight Surgeon. Those suitcases contained 3 hours of war footage that included a compelling crash landing of a Spitfire in 1944.
Filmed in a 2005 interview with the now 83 year old pilot and seeing the expression on his face when he realizes it is him in the cockpit, is something you somehow won't soon
forget. At 18 years old, he was all alone, behind enemy lines, with no guns, no escort, and he gladly did it.
They just don't make them like that anymore. It was truly the greatest generation and we owe them so much.
Click to select
- American Spitfire Pilot WW2
- RAAF in the Pacific - Kittyhawk Strafing
- Mirage Display Team 1970s
- RAAF Roulettes Collide 1988
- RAAF Mirage Four Ship - Doug Nutt
- RAAF Mirage 3O - Doug Nutt
- Mirage Flight Line Butterworth 1986
- Movie of Refuelling Ops during 77 Sqn Welcome Home Tour 1955
- 77 Sqn at Iwakuni - Korean Conflict 1950
- Cool Aircraft: Cool Pilot
- 77 SQN Rockin' and Rollin'
- 77SQN Mirage
- Music Video SPIRIT OF THE ANZACS
- Royal Australian 77th Fighter Squadron In Korean Action, 09/04/1951
- Trappett Sabre, Flying Illawarra
- Mirage Movie